Be Open To New Ideas. Never stop learning and adapting. The world will always be changing. If you limit yourself to what you knew and what you were comfortable with earlier in your life, you will grow increasingly frustrated with your surroundings as you age.
— The 100 Simple Secrets Of Happy People by David Niven, Ph.D.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Increasing frustration coming from boredom, don't you think? I am soooo grateful to Sno-Isle for welcoming me back into the workforce after 18 yrs. My "at home" contentment would definitely have morphed into that increasing frustration. Thank goodness for managers that encourage us to stretch (i.e. Rozella!), too.
ReplyDeleteThose are welcome words, Linda. After finishing my final post today on The Twenty Things, I was very glad to read your Apropos Quote. It was a fitting end to my Web 2.0 learning experience.
ReplyDeleteBTW, going through the various segments at home alone was difficult, but had a hidden plus: I let the laundry and dishes pile up with great abandon while I retreated to my pad in YoVille. Fortunately, I'm addicted to the real world and am happy to be back in it!